When you’re pet parent, you spend a lot of time thinking about your furry friend and what they need to live a happy and healthy life. It can be easy to overlook some of the little things when you have such a big impact on your pet. But what about all that excess food? That’s where the world of dry food comes in. Not only do dry foods for Dog offer more variety than canned or semi-moist foods, but they also tend to be higher quality as well.
This means good things for your pet parent wallet as well as the environment. If you love your pet as much as we do, then it’s time to feed them high-quality dry food instead of cheap kibble. Keep reading for our complete guide on how to choose dry dog food that is right for your pet, including the best brands and types of dog food.
What is dry dog food?
There are actually a few different ways that dogs can get their nutrition. Dry food, like it sounds, is dry and can be eaten without any added water. On the other fringes of the pet world, wet food is fresh meat that is ground and then mixed with water.
Dry food can be either fresh or freeze-dried, while wet food is fresh. While there is variation among different dry foods, the main types are:
Grainfree – Dry dog foods that don’t contain grains are very high in protein and fat. – Holistic – A dry food that is highly nutritious and low in calories.
What to look for when buying dry dog food
– Ingredients: When you’re buying dry dog food, one of the first things to consider is the ingredients. Ideally, you want to pick a food that has ingredients that are good for your dog. This can be a little bit tricky as every dog is different, so the ingredients in a specific brand may not be ideal for your pet. We recommend checking out the ingredients in different brands and picking the one with the fewest ingredients that are still high in quality.
– Fat: Fat is essential for a dog’s health and well-being. However, the type of fat in the food is also very important. Most dry dog foods today are low in fat while also containing added vitamins and minerals to make them more nutritious than ever. The best dry dog foods are low in saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
– Protein: Protein is essential for a dog’s health and well-being. Most dry dog foods are high in protein, but it’s also important to pick a quality brand. The best dry dog foods have moderate levels of protein while also being low in saturated fat, carbs, and calories.
– Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are essential for a dog’s health and well-being. However, too many carbs can cause weight gain and/or cause insulin resistance. The best dry dog foods are low in carb content, moderate in fibre, and high in protein.
– Calcium: Vitamin D is essential for a dog’s health and well-being. In addition to vitamin D, calcium is very important for a dog’s health.
Which brands make the best dry dog food?
Trusted names in the dry dog food industry include Orijen, Blue.dry.dog, and Evanger’s. These brands are all high-quality, grain-free dry dog foods that are also very nutritious. Many other brands make high-quality dry dog food. We recommend checking out the ingredient lists in different brands and picking the one with the fewest ingredients.
Types of dry dog food
There are a few different types of dry dog food. The most common is a complete dry dog food. Complete dry dog food contains all the nutrients a dog needs. It also typically has more meat than the other types of dry dog food do. A grain-free dry dog food is also high in protein and nutrients but low in carbohydrates and has few to no grains. This dry dog food is ideal for many breeds and owners who want to avoid grains.
Finally, a premium dry dog food is high in protein and nutrients, but also has added vitamins and minerals to make it more nutritious. This type of dry dog food is best for active dogs and owners who want a food with added benefits.
How much should you feed your dog?
The amount of food that you feed your dog is determined by a few factors, including their breed, size, age, and activity level. For example, to maintain a healthy weight for a large breed dog at a healthy weight, you should feed your dog 2-3 cups of dry dog food per day. If your dog is overweight, you should reduce their food intake by one cup until they lose the excess weight. Similarly, if your dog is below their ideal weight, you should gradually increase their food intake by one cup per day until they reach their ideal weight.
Tried and trusted brands of high-quality dry dog food
When it comes to choosing the best dry dog food, there are a few brands that top the list. We love Blue.dry.dog for its high-quality dry dog food that is also very nutritious. Another great brand is EVanger’s. EVanger’s dry dog food is high in protein and low in carbs, with added vitamins and minerals. It’s also very nutritious and grain-free.
PetHaus.com is the newest online pet store in town, established in 2020 and based in Dubai. At PetHaus.com we provide a wide range of pet supplies for dogs, cats, small animals and birds as well as reptiles and fish. As pet parents ourselves, we understand that your pet is a four-legged family member who deserves only the very best, from food to treats and accessories. We are committed to make caring for your pets easy and a real experience – from the moment you land on our online store or mobile app right up until we fetch and fulfill your order with a fast and seamless delivery right to your door step.
The dry dog food market has really come a long way over the past few decades. There are many different types of dry food for Dogs now, and they can be used to meet your pet’s nutritional needs. It’s important to make sure that you pick the best dry dog food for your pet.