Error code 1712 is the one that appears the most of the time when attempting to install QuickBooks on the primary or main host or server computer. Error code 1712 in QuickBooks happens when one or more Windows components are missing, or when files are corrupted for some other reason. It has an effect on the Windows operating system and impedes the normal functioning of programmer and applications as a result.
What could be causing the QuickBooks error code 1712?
Error 1712 in QuickBooks can be caused by any programme that requires a reboot during the installation or uninstallation process. Problems with the registry, corrupted directories or data files, malicious software, or an infection caused by a virus can all bring about this issue. In many cases, simply restarting or rebooting the computer will be sufficient to fix the issue. There is a problem with the data files in your QuickBooks Desktop application.
1. There are currently some adjustments being made to the QuickBooks programme.
2. Installing QuickBooks in a folder that has been damaged.
3. Malware such as viruses, spyware, and adware have infected your system.
4. It appears that there is either a problem or a corruption with your software’s registry.
See also: QuickBooks Error 40001
Fixes for the QuickBooks error 1712 and how to avoid it in the future
You have the option to try a variety of different solutions in order to fix the QuickBooks error 1712. In the following section, you will find a rundown of the approaches that have shown to be the most successful in resolving the QuickBooks error 1712. Be sure to read through each technique thoroughly and pay attention to the directions provided for each stage.
Utilize the QuickBooks Tool Hub as the first method.
Fixing the QuickBooks install error code 1712 is possible by utilising the extensive QuickBooks Tool Hub, which comes equipped with a selection of functionalities. To use the tool, please follow the instructions that are listed below:
1. Exit out of any open instances of QuickBooks programme.
2. After downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub, install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
3. When the installation process is finished, pick the “Finish” option.
4. At this moment, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your desktop computer.
5. You will need to launch the “Quick Fix My Program” application through the Tool Hub.
6. Within the QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the “Program problems” menu option.
7. Select the tool with the label “Quickly Repair My Issues.”
8. Could you please wait till the device has finished its operation?
9. After the scan is complete, recheck to see whether the QuickBooks install error 1712 has been resolved.
10. If the issue still persists, use the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool. You’ll be able to utilise the tool if you carry out the steps that are described below.
11. Within the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select the option labelled “Installation issues.”
12. After you have completed step 11, select the option to “Run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.”
13. Give the diagnostic tool the opportunity to do its work. Attend to the conclusion of the procedure.
14. After that, install QuickBooks and start it up to check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 2: Halt all programmes running in the background using Task Manager
Follow the steps in the following list to terminate the programmes running in the background:
1. Close all programmes that are currently running on your desktop.
2. After that, keep “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “Esc” all pressed down at the same time.
3. As a direct consequence of this, the Task Manager window will appear on your screen.
4. At this point, navigate to the ‘Processes’ tab and click on it if it isn’t already selected.
5. For each of the QuickBooks processes that you find running in the background, select the QuickBooks process that corresponds to it.
6. To terminate its work in the background, click the “End Task” button. Apply this approach to any and all of the background operations in QuickBooks.
7. The next step is to exit the Task Manager and then to restart the machine.
8. Launch QuickBooks and check to see if the issue with the error code 1712 has been resolved. If you are still bothered by the issue, you should go to the following technique.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 2107
Method 3: Change the location of the data path in the registry
1. Navigate to the Start button located on your computer’s desktop. In the box labelled “Search,” you have to input “regedit.exe,” and then you have to press the Enter key.
2. Navigate to the location on your computer labelled “HKEY CURRENT USER/Software/MicrosoftWindows/CurrentVersion/ExploreUser.” In the window that’s labelled “Regedit.”
3. Make two separate clicks on the option labelled “App Data in Shell Folders.”
4. When you are finished, replace the value that is already there with the path to your local profile, and then dismiss the window.
5. After restarting your computer, launch QuickBooks and check for any errors that may have occurred.
Read also: QuickBooks Error 40003