There are times when you really like a video on Instagram and want to save the video to your collection, but there is no mechanism to do so. However, there are certain ways to download Instagram videos, but for that, you might have to struggle a bit.
So in this tutorial I’ll show you multiple methods to download Instagram videos on your PC, Android, and iOS devices.
Warning: It’s illegal to download Instagram videos in order to alter or share them as your own. You can only download videos for personal use. If you violate copyrights, we will not be responsible for any actions taken against you.
How to download Instagram videos on PC?
You can Instagram videos downloads right from your Windows or macOS PC. Here are some recommended tools, together with step-by-step walk throughs on how to do it.
Method 1: Download via an online tool
If you just want to do a quick download without installing any apps, do check out this free online tool as well.
In my experience, it is a bit more intuitive than others and adds a few extra features that you may find interesting.
Here’s how to use it:
Open the Instagram video that you want to download and copy its URL.
Now open Download Videos From and paste the URL into the text field.
Below, click on Download MP4 to convert and download the video.
There are also options to download MP3 (only audio of videos) or Instagram photos.
Method 2: Download with Video Hunter
To download Instagram videos, you can try using Video Hunter. It is a stable and high-quality video downloader. In this way, Its concise and user-friendly interface will turn you into an expert in video downloading in no time.
Again, you should not be downloading and distributing videos you have no permission to.
Here’s how to use Video Hunter:
- Copy the URL of your favorite Instagram video and paste it to the input box of Video Hunter.
- Click “Analyze” and it will provide multiple choices of output formats for your option.
- Choose the output format you prefer and click “Download”. Its batch download feature is definitely worth a try, which will save you tons of time.
Method 3: Download with Video Proc Converter’s Downloader
Here’s another tool that allows you to download Instagram videos by Video Proc Converter. But it does not advocate downloading movies and music with copyrights from YouTube or other platforms for commercial use.
Upon installation of the app, follow these steps:
- Click the Downloader Icon.
- On the next page, click the “Add Video” icon.
- Go to Instagram.com, go to the video you’d like to download, right-click on the 3-dots and select “Copy link”. We will simply use a CNN.com video for demonstration.
- Paste the link back into Video Proc and click “Analyze”.
- Lastly, click “Download Now” to download your video.
Method 4: Download from the source code
This is the manual way, or rather, getting it straight from the codes. You can inspect the source codes of the video page and extract the download link from there.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open the video that you want to download.
- Right-click on it and select Inspect element. Depending on your browser the name could be different, like View page source.
- Now press Ctrl + F keys to open Find option and type “.mp4” in it.
- The search will open up a section of code. Here, copy the link next to src= (the link ends with .mp4).
- Just paste this link in a new tab and the video will start playing. You can then right-click and select Save video as… to download the video.
Method 5: Use HitPaw Video Converter
While the app’s name states that it is a video converter, HitPaw’s video converter comes with a insta dp download online function that allows you to download videos too.
Here’s how you can make use of this app to download Instagram videos.
- Open the app after download and installation, then click on the Download tab.
- Login to Instagram.com, click for the 3-dots on the top right of the video post, then select Copy link.
- Back on the app, click Paste URL, paste in the URL you copied earlier, and click Download.
- Select MP4, then click Download to initiate downloading of the video.
- Check the “Save to” path to locate your downloaded video.